Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bring It On


Now that Al has thrown down the Gauntlet, it's time to talk strategy. In The Art of War, Sun Tzu argues that if you are small, pretend that you are big...and if you are big pretend that you are small. Somehow I don't think this applies to dieting competitions. I'm going to be transparent in my effort to beat Al. As I once mentioned, I am going with a new dieting model -- The Salad Diet. Weight Watchers tells me that I can only consume 27 points a day plus 35 bonus points to spread throughout the week where necessary. Well, based on my current calorie consumption, I'm averaging only 20 points a day-- mostly because my lunchtime and dinner salads only use up 5 points per meal. Perhaps I'm eating too little? But I actually feel full after each meal so I think I'm good. As Al mentioned over a slice of pizza, calories are calories and this whole weight loss game is about decreasing overall intake. If I can maintain sufficient willpower, I don't see how I can lose this contest.

No comments: