Monday, March 26, 2007

New Kid On The Blog



As I approach my 31st birthday, I’ve decided that it’s time to get in shape – once and for all.

I’ve tried to do this before. Right before I moved to Miami I had been seeing a personal trainer at SeriousStrength on the UWS and I started to see real muscle definition. Then, in Miami, I got a personal trainer and was seeing her for 1 month before I fell off the horse and got caught up with work and traveling.

But this time I’m serious.

The journey won’t be easy. First of all, I have terrible eating habbits. I love food -- particularly burritos and pizza. Second, I tend to snack late at night. I love eating and get tremendous joy from it. For the past 3 months, I have eaten with such reckless abandon that I gained 20 lbs. I’m now weighing in at a whopping 185 – roughly 30-40 lbs over my target weight. Nearly all of the weight has gone to my tummy.

To put it simply, I’m sick of looking like a man that’s 8 months pregnant.

I have a few ideas on how to accomplish my goals:
(1) Cut out bad food. No burritos, pizza, french fries, pasta, Indian food, etc. Exceptions can be made once a week but that’s it.
(2) Replace at least one major meal with a large leafy green salad.
(3) Do cardio 3-4x a week for 40 minutes per session.
(4) If I’m going to drink, only drink vodka with club soda.
(5) Track everything on WeightWatchers.com

I believe that if I do this right, I can lose about 1.5-2 lbs a week and lose 30 lbs in about 4 months. It’s not going to be easy and it’s not necessarily going to be fun, but if I can make it last, I’ll certainly be a lot healthier and look better naked.

No comments: