Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Shuttle Run = Death to Albert

Shuttle Run = Death. This morning after our racquetball game Tom and I decided to head to the Y's basketball court and complete a few suicide drills. We thought they would be good preparation for the basketball league we are joining. These drills are more commonly referred to as shuttle runs and you might remember doing them in the 6th grade as part of the President's Physical Fitness challenge - Arnold was a big fan of these when he was Reagan's P.E. Czar.

After the third shuttle run my heart nearly pounded itself out of my chest. I can't really remember the last time I sprinted without having the police chasing after me but it puts a good burn on the legs. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow morning and run sprints up and down 23rd street....or one sprint across 22nd street and walk home for an egg and cheese.