Tuesday, May 8, 2007

2,741 Calorie Cinco De Mayo Celebration

Clearly, special events presented our team with some big issues last week. I had a decent week that included a few swims, a boot camp class with Tom, some racquetball and a reasonable eating plan. Sadly, alot of that was undone over the weekend when I traveled to Washington D.C. for my sister-in-law’s bridal shower. I showed up shortly after the festivities ended and started my own celebration. Things started off with a few glasses of champagne. Then I found the left over mini scones and tea sandwiches. I opted for the scones.

After a few more glasses of champagne the crowd thinned out a bit and we decided to turn the party into a Cinco De Mayo celebration and caravaned over to a Mexican restaurant called Guapos. Guapos means handsome and truly thats the last thing I was while hoarding chips and salsa, tacos al carbon, two Pacifico beers and um yeah a Tequila Shot (pictured). I don't want to add up all of the calories but I think it might help me understand how one day can undo an otherwise solid week.

6 glasses of champagne: 541
2 Beers: 240
Chips and Guac: 390
Cheese Dip: 50
Tacos Al Carbon: 1,000 (estimated using Chipotle Calculator)
Tequila Shot: 100
Scone: 420

Total: 2,741 calories or .78 pounds

Those nights are going to happen, but writing it all down really makes me realize how gluttenous they are and emphasizes to me that I have to do my best to avoid them—2,700 calorie nights out are one of the big contributors to my 40 waist line. I tried to make up for the indiscretions with an early morning Sunday workout but even with an hour at the gym I'm lucky to burn 600 calories. Besides, after my workout I ended up walking over to the supermarket and getting French Toast to help ease the hang over. 178 calories per slice.

1 comment:

brad board babe said...

champagne doesn't have calories. stop. printing. lies!