Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Egg and Cheese Sandwich

I really love egg and cheese sandwiches. Nothing is better than rolling into a NY deli and chowing down on a good old fashion bacon egg and cheese on a bun.

Today after our Racquetball session Tom and I hit the YMCA cafeteria up for some egg and sausage sandwiches. It really hit the spot after a long workout.

Out of curiosity I did a quick search to learn how many calories my breakfast had set me back. Here is the nutrition information for a Sausage / Egg and Cheese on a Bun Deli Order. Gets a big fat F for nutrition.

1. Protein: 26 G
2. Calories: 450 - 576
3. Fat: 40 grams

Note to myself....next time I'll go for the ham instead of the bacon or sausage, ask them to hold the cheese and get an English muffin. This combination shaves off 276 calories and 28 grams of fat from the original breakfast sandwich. Of course if I really want to be healthy next time I'll go for the egg whites and ask them to hold the cheese.

No comments: