Saturday, March 17, 2007

"I only drink on the days of the week that end in a Y"

















A big part of my diet has been restricting the amount of beer and alcohol that I consume. Sadly, the 7 beers I was consuming each week were collectively responsible for 15 of the pounds I put on in 2006. 28 beers each month equals 4,284 calories or roughly 1.25 lbs. That represents about 5 hours of aerobic exercise. I promise you that in 2006 I probably completed a total of 5 hours of aerobic exercise.

My sister-in-law recommended that I substitute a glass of water in between beers, which immediately cut my beer consumption in half. Below is a guide to the caloric value of some of our favorite beers.

Beer Calories
Anchor Steam: 153
Budweiser: 145
Miller Lite: 96
Sam Adams Cream Stout: 195



No comments: