Sunday, March 18, 2007

Turkey Bacon vs. Hog Bacon

This morning after a 45 minute cardio workout Annie and I met for breakfast at The Comfort Dinner. The Lumberjack Breakfast called out to me...my inner Paul Bunyan needed two pancakes, two eggs and bacon. I couldn't reject the temptation. Annie reminded me that I could do a few things to make the Lumberjack more waist-friendly. She recommended that I order the eggs poached and ask for turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. I didn't even know that turkey bacon existed. Pleasantly surprised by its flavor and nutritional content I came home and cancelled my membership to the Bacon of the Month club.

Turkey Bacon vs. Real Bacon
Turkey Bacon: 70 calories, 5.6 grams of fat and 340 mg of sodium.
Regular Bacon: 251 calories, 28 grams of fat and 8mg of sodium.
*Information based on 1 28 gram Serving

No comments: