Thursday, March 1, 2012

Week 4 results--and a pep talk.

The Week 4 results are in.

Congrats once again to Chris Brand, weight loss percentage leader, and kudos to Kristi for taking the number two spot! Many, if not all of you, have lamented your own performance as you submit your weights to me each week. I know it’s hard, and I’ve struggled to recapture the hardcore dedication I had last year.

Right now, most of us are being “D” students. That means, the majority of the time, we’re making bad decisions, not eating right, and not working out. Let’s at least try to be “B” students. What that means….if you have 10 health decisions to make each day (3 meals, 2 snacks, 3 drinks, 1 treat, and a workout), try to make the right decision 80% of the time. Have one “bad” meal and a scoop of ice cream for dessert, but for the rest of the day, do a workout, and make healthier decisions or eat smaller portions. If you do really splurge, let that splurge be isolated. Don’t say “Well, I started my day with a huge breakfast, so I might as well make the most of the rest of the day.” We’ve all had excuses and explanations, but none of us is happy about the result.

So, my pep talk is probably not that great either, but I truly care about everyone and want us all to look at this ONE POUND at a time. As extra incentive, I’m willing to give up my three bonus points*** to anyone who does 5 workouts (at least 1 hour) per week for two consecutive weeks. I care that much about everyone making exercise a priority.

***I am willing to do this, but whether Al agrees to honor this in the end is up to him.

1 comment:

Mary L. said...

Sandy -you are so awesome! But Al should most definitely NOT allow you to give up your 3 points. You earned those! We all just need to put a little effort.
One of the biggest excuses for not working out is "not enough time". It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of priority. I'll add a blog entry this week on the topic. :) Thanks for your support & encouragement, Sandy! I really like your concept of trying to be a "B" student for the day.